What does this plugin do?
If you have a WordPress website with multiple users and several User Roles defined, and you wish to prevent certain User Roles from accessing certain pieces of content (and sub-content) both publicly and within wp-admin, then this plugin is for you.
The plugin provides the following functionality:
- A meta box to allow you to set user role permissions for content and its sub-content
- Choose if a restricted role can also view or edit that content in wp-admin
- An option to allow content, content and sub-content or just sub content to be restricted
- An option to allow a custom redirect URL (overriding default redirect URL settings)
- The ability to override parent content restrictions on sub-content (including the ability to make it public)
- Works with the CMS Tree Page View plugin
- An options page, with the following options:
- Choose post types that the meta box should appear on
- Option to hide restricted pages from menu (only works when using wp_nav_menu())
- Choose the roles that will appear in the meta box to be restricted
- Define a login screen error message (if no custom redirect URL is set)
- Set a custom redirect URL
- Prevent users from adding child content to restricted content
If you are using this plugin in your project we would love to hear about it.